We decided to take it easy today. Minna took the kids to DARG to take Turbo for a walk. They stayed there for over three hours. Matias was exhausted after walking for the whole time with various dogs. I wrote, read and did some cooking in the eerily quiet house.
Seija called and asked if we were heading to the beach for the afternoon. We agreed to meet at the Llandudno beach after half past two.
The tide was very low and the surf was very sharp. It was very difficult to catch a wave: the moment it raised, it also toppled over. I was badly hit once, swallowed some sea water and my mask was ripped off. I could not find it afterwards. Damn! It was a good diving mask with spectacle grade lens. I am too shortsighted to see properly without it.
I calmed down, went back to beach and took my swimming mask. It is like a small diving mask but no nose and with normal glass. I choose an easier part of the surf but after a while got hit by a wave from behind when I was trying to clear water from inside the mask - and lost that mask, too! Luckily the I could see the bottom, and after spotting a couple of pieces of algae, I got hold of the mask that was already half buried in sand.
After a few more careful slides, I got out. Enough for one day.
Seija and Joona came to our house for a dinner. The boys had a swim in the pool. Things quieted down.
Sunday, January 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment