Friday, January 27, 2006

Less than four tires

In an earlier entry I wrote: "Seriously, I wouldn't be much surprised if, one of these days, I saw one of these 30-40 year old cars driving along with just three wheels". Well, I've kind of seen that now.

I picked Matias and Joona up from school just now. We stopped by DARG to see Turbo, and then headed home on the Main Street. There's a biggish roundabout on the road, and as we were approaching it, a car came round the round a bout towards us. The car was driven by a middle aged white man, who had almost no control over his car. Instead of turning nicely to stay on the road, the car, which was making a loud flapping noise, turned too slow and ended up driving into our lane. I just managed to get out of the way.

The idiot (sorry) was driving a car with broken tires! The two tires we saw were not only flat, but also completely empty and shattered, and they were making the loud flapping noise we heard. I don't know if the tires on the other side of the car were broken, too. I just wonder how the guy managed to stay on the road in the first place.

I must add, that I do generally feel safe driving on these roads. They are well kept, and seem to be properly built. People don't speed, as there are speed cameras and policemen about. I do keep extra alert on the mountain roads, though, as you never know what's waiting for you, or driving towards you, behind the bend.

No comments: