As we were walking around in Waterfront today, Hanna and I spotted a fortune teller. I've never had my fortune told before, if I don't count the time my friend Sari and I had our fortunes told in Helsinki when we were teenagers. Our fortunes were then told by two gypsy girls, who told us exactly the same thing: we would have boyfriends soon and we were going on a sea-voyage.
I sat down for the session with my hands shaking. I wondered if I was doing a silly thing - everything is good in my life at the moment. Did I really want to take a chance I was told something I'd get upset about, even if I didn't believe in fortune telling?
She asked me if I lived abroad - I said I didn't. I lived in Cape Town.
She then asked me if I was married to an African man - I said I wasn't.
She asked me if I had bought a house in the area - I said I hadn't.
She thought I had two children - I said I had three.
She said she thought I had two boys and a girl - I said I had two girls and a boy
Boy were we off to a bad start!
She asked me if we were planning to buy a car in the near future. I said we weren't. We'd just bought one. She said it was a 4X4, which I could confirm. Finally she got something right.
She then said I had a very good husband who loved me very much. At this point I doubted her so much that I wanted to argue with her, so I said I didn't think I did. She was adamant that I did. She said my husband loves me very much and he'd do anything for me. He has a good position in South Africa and he is very happy with his life here.
She went on with her telling me my fortune, and said my son loves swimming and spends as much time in water as he can. She also said he is very sensitive (both true).
A friend of mine is pregnant and will have a baby boy (two of my friends are pregnant and at least one of them is expecting a boy).
There's a wedding coming up, and India will be a flower girl.
My older daughter is very artistic. The fortune teller could see her on the stage. She will get married before finishing High School, either this March/April or December. Her boyfriend is a very good young man and he comes from a very good family. My older daughter and her boyfriend will be very happy together. They will not have babies soon after the wedding, but will wait some time before starting a family.
I am very artistic and should start a business.
I have a good friend in South Africa. Her hair is very blonde and her name starts with an S - kind of like Sara (this friend is obviously Seija).
We will not live in our current house for long. We will be moving out before April (our lease ends in April).
We will be very happy in South Africa. We will live here for quite a long time, but not forever. We will then move back to Finland.
I will be going to see a dentist soon.
At first she said I would not have any more children, but then said I may well have a boy and a girl, a biological child and an adopted one.
After the session I was quite happy. At least she didn't reveal anything bad about my present or my future. She was quite right about some things after we got over the bad start - BUT - was it all worth it? Did I really need to pay R200 to hear I was happy, that my husband is a good man, that my son loves to swim, that I have a good friend who has blonde hair, and that Milja is artistic and is planning to marry to a good boy? I could have found out most of those things by reading my own blog.
Monday, January 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did we see fortune tellers'?! That was so funny...
I'm impressed, now you have experience with a South African fortune teller! :D
Post a Comment