Sunday, February 05, 2006

A new friend

I'm quite wary of revealing too much information on this blog. I don't mind writing about my feelings and such, but I've avoided disclosing too much information on both the people's identities as well as the exact location of certain places. (I don't mind dishing this info out by e-mails, though, so if ever you want more details, just ask...)

On Friday we had invited our friends from the squatter camp over for the evening. Unfortunately, something came up and they couldn't all come, but their son came over by himself. The boy's name is "We have a house". In truth, the boy lived in a shack for the first 10.5 years of his life, and has only recently moved in a house. Maybe naming their son like this was like saying a wish out loud.

The boy played with Matias for the afternoon and the evening. He was quiet, well behaved and very polite. First the boys had a walk around the complex, then played with Legos and watched some DVDs. When Heikki and India came home they all went for a swim in the pool. Heikki then took the boys out for a pizza. The boy had never been before. Both Matias and his new friend only ate a few slices of their pizzas, and then took the rest home. I ate the rest of Matias's pizza standing at the front door. The boy shared his pizza with the family and friends, giving each of them one slice.

No comments: