Milja had her "vanhojentanssit / the dance of the elders" at school this week. This is the time when the seniors leave school and start preparing for their exams later on in the spring. The juniors now become the oldest students present in the school and have a dance. I don't mean something like a ball, but a dance where they perform in front of the parents and the school.
They prepare for this dance for months - spending time on learning the difficult dances, and money on their clothes and accessories.
I'm devastated about not having been there! I'm forever indebted to Laura, Milja's ex-step mum, and my parents, who take such good care of Milja and Dan. My mother had spent hours and hours on making Milja a dress for the dance. I've seen photos of it and it was absolutely gorgeous! Dan was wearing my father's tux, which my Mother had taken in to fit Dan.
I'm looking forward to seeing some more photos when Milja and Dan come here in about 31 hours.
Friday, February 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hei. kiva lukea mitä teille kuuluu!
Post a Comment