Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Crèche (update)

India has now been going to the crèche for 3 weeks, increasing the length of her stay there in steps.

At first she was there with me, then I left her for an hour or so, then she stayed there from about 9 to 12, and finally from about 8 or 9 to 1. From the beginning of this month she's also had a nap at the crèche, which means we haven't picked her up until sometime after four. Her staying for the afternoon nap is actually a very good thing, as when I picked her up at one she could only sleep for an hour or so before we left to go and pick Matias up from school. (Sometimes she continued sleeping in the car, other times not). Now she sleeps at the crèche from one to four and gets all the sleep she needs.

India enjoys being in the crèche. When we pick her up she's always happy. She shows us the crafts she's done during the day and the toys she's been playing with, and often wants to stay on to play.

Unfortunately, the mornings haven't gone that well. She's cried all mornings bar one, but for a shorter time each morning. This week she's stopped crying immediately after I've closed the playroom's door.

Finally, this morning she looked at her favorite nursery nurse, stretched her arms out and went for a cuddle. She didn't cry when I left but she didn't wave either.

Now I just wish I would adjust to her being away, so I could properly concentrate on Unix (a computer operating system).

No comments: