… I’d now have 4 more dogs.
Going for a quick visit to DARG today I headed straight to their Puppy pen. It’s the place where we go for “Aaah”s, “Oh, how cute!”s and cuddles. This time something different was awaiting us.
The four young puppies looked adorable from afar. They also looked adorable from up close, but there was something horribly wrong. Bald spots the size of an adult’s thumbprint. Lost fur and mange. And lice. One of them was spotted with thousands of eggs. He had yellow infected wounds, scabs, and no hair on his body. The bald spots were from burn marks, most likely from a cigarette.
If only I had a house of my own.
The thought of smuggling the dogs into our rented house not only crossed my mind, but seriously overstayed its visit. Until Heikki reads this entry he’ll have no idea of how close he came to having 7 dogs instead of 3. (I was, of course, planning only to foster the dogs for as long as they were fit enough to be re-homed, but you know).
Thursday, February 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment