If you go to the Hout Bay beach and look south over the bay, you can see all the way to Kommetjie.
There's a place there called the Imhoff Farm, which is abundant with little shops, restaurants and animal collections. We've been to see the farm animals before, and the kids have had rides on their two donkeys, but so far we've missed the reptile park and the camel rides.
Heikki booked the camels for us for 1 PM today. We went to Imhoff a bit earlier and had just enough time to go and marvel the reptiles before going for the ride. Seija and Joona joined us for the scenic 40-minute tour. Although Joona used to go riding an elephant every week, and Matias has been on a camel before, the boys were a bit wary of getting on the camels, as they looked so tall. I wasn't sure I should go as I hurt my back yesterday, but I'm happy I did. We all thoroughly enjoyed the pleasant and calm experience.
Milja and Dan, I recommend you go for a ride when you come here next week. Also, the camel-man told me there’s an ostrich farm nearby where they might do ostrich rides. I'll find out.
Saturday, February 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
cool!! defo do that!! you guys should come with us though :)
looks fun.. wanna do all sorts of rides and things.. its gonna be a busy week!!!! one week today we leave wooooo!!!!! :D :D
just wondering.. from all the pictures i have seen and you said that there is horse riding on the beach.. do you have to have someone like guiding you with the horse????
another question, can you take turbo out for the day and then bring him back for the evening? or does it have to be like in a certain area where he can go?
no sharks!!!!!! how about a boat ride, any dolphins???? :D
milja
ps. I GOT A 9+ IN FINNISH!!!!!! :D
Post a Comment