Sunday, December 03, 2006

No, not cursed

I don't think the house is cursed. I think it's a lucky house! Nothing bad has happened, not really.

If Milja and Dan had stayed at home when the kitchen celing came down, they might have gotten hurt. So the lucky house sent us away that weekend.

And Heikki could have hurt himself badly when he fell (I'm thinking of spinal injuries here) but he just had a crushed foot.

I could have electrocuted myself on the live wires the careless builders left in the loft as I crawled on them in the rainy nights. But nothing happened.

We've now had 3 fires, but nothing really happened. The last one was big, but burnt only logs and an a wire. The house is still intact.

The builders have admitted that water rains through the houses at certain times during the building work. We've had more rain than normal BUT because of this, we'll get new ceilings. So that's lucky.

And none of the poles have come through the ceiling! And none will - the structure is now done!

--
Back to updating. Heikki phoned the builders who came to put the sheets back on the roof. The roof is secure once again.

2 comments:

zari said...

:-) Yes, you guys are really positive about all this, African spirit?! Great :-) And eventually the roof will be finalised one of these weeks,... You should open a bottle of Champagne then! We'll do KIPPIS for you here ;-)
(Btw, Emilio is now explaining this great story to his cousins in Paris!)

Anonymous said...

And none of the poles have come through the ceiling!

milja - haha, one came through today actually... :S