(written by Heikki, posted by Minna)
The predicted rain turned out to be totally unseasonable winter
strom. At 3 o'clock Matias went to check the roof and yelled down that
one of the tarpaulines had been ripped off. It was nowhere to be
seen. I took India (who had not slept yet) to Milja and Dan's room
(both of them were a sleep) and climed up to to see can be done. India
cried her head off.
The first tarpauline was above Matias' room. While I was up, the second
one, above the old gable, tore off. I tried to put a rope into it and
pull it back up. The difficulty was that the horizontal lattice is
quite close together and it makes it hard to reach to the outside.
Then came a strong gust of wind and tore the rope from my hands and ripped
the canvas. Little bleeding from my finger convinced me that further
effort was futile.
15:23, I called help from the roofing company. It is coming in an hour.
India calmed down when I came down and fell asleep in my armpit.
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe this!!! The house must be cursed...
Post a Comment