I used to do quite a lot of face painting in England. So far my African painting career has been limited to painting India's face, and an actor for a school play.
Today, I went to paint faces at India's creche. They had organised a day of events for raising some funds for the creche. I was asked to do face painting.
Once I do one face, many children want to have the same painting on theirs. This time the popular one was spiderman. I also did quite a few butterflies, as well as flowers and pink rabbits.
When I paint faces I don't pay attention to what's going on around me. I don't have time to. I generally don't have any idea of who's supposed to go next, but luckily the children (and especially the parents) keep track of this.
4 hours is my maximum limit; I don't have stamina to carry on for longer than that. When I paint, I never have time for a break. I sometimes try to have a cup of tea when painting, but eventually dip a brush in the cup. (A can of softdrink is a better option).
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment