It was wonderful to spend the night at the new house. I didn't sleep much, though.
The house is cold. There's no heating besides the portable electic radiators we've bought. The furniture was freezing cold. Although the radiators heated the air (and made the air dry and difficult to breathe) I felt cold because of the cold walls and cold furniture.
Another factor that stopped me from getting good quality sleep was the alarm system. We do have electric fencing, and three alert dogs. We didn't quite know how to set the movement sensor system on so, that we could stay inside the house without setting it off. I lay on the mattress and listened to the sounds of the surroundings.
The third, perhaps biggest factor was, that India finally got her own bed. Or at least her own mattress. We didn't assemble the bed frames yet, so Heikki, India and I slept on our mattresses side by side on the floor. My mattress was about 30 cm (a foot) from India's mattress. (India had her own bed in our previous house, but she never slept in it. Matias did).
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment