Yep. The roof is wet.
On Sunday I had other things to worry about and didn't worry about the wet roof.
That all changed at 4:08 this morning, when I woke up to the unhealthy dripping sound coming from our roof area.
The roof tiles have mostly been taken away, but the wooden structure is still there. The structure is covered by thick, big plastic sheets, but they were not put on carefully enough. That, together with strong winds, lead to a disaster.
I don't know how big a disaster, as I haven't been up on the roof to assess the damage.
By the time others woke up, the water was dripping down from where the light fittings are in the ceiling. The ceilings were damp. Some of the walls were damp. Water was coming down at the junction of the walls and ceilings. The water was coming down the ventilation system above the bathtub in our en suite. Arhg. And it dripped on India, who was sleeping in Heikki's bed.
At least Joyce is back. Dan and I came to the University while Joyce is cleaning the mess inside the house. The men are continuing work on the roof.
Monday, October 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment