Sunday, October 22, 2006

Turbo has escaped

The drama of the evening is that our rescue dog, Turbo, has escaped. Heikki, India and I went to Seija's house to pick Matias up. We were gone for a couple of hours, and when we came back Turbo was gone. He'd somehow managed to open the gate and run to the street. I think he's just enjoying a stroll around the neighborhood.

Matias has been thinking about our first dog, Rina, a lot in the past month. She ran away after some deer a couple of years back, and was run over by a car. Matias still sometimes cries because he misses her so much.

It seems safer for dogs to run loose here than in Finland/England. Although the drivers are generally much worse here, they are at least used to dogs running around.

Heikki, India and I drove around looking for Turbo, but as it got dark we had no chance of finding him. He could have gone anywhere. I think the likely place is Mandela park, the township in Hout Bay. There are lots of dogs there, so he'd have plenty of company. Let's hope he comes home before the morning.

No comments: