There have been a few new Finnish arrivals to Cape Town. Emails have been in good use to create contacts between us but it was getting a bit overwhelming. I have been curious about Googles free email list system, GoogleGroups, for some time and this seemed to be a perfect use for it.
I called the mailing list Kapin suomalaiset and subscibed all the local people I knew. The list got an enthusistic responce. It is open for any Finn living permanently or occationally in or around Cape Town. Please feel free to join in.
Seija used the list to ask anyone over to her place for the Saturday night. The usual suspects turned up and a few new people, too. Thanks for Seija for organising it.
Sama suomeksi:
Loin vastikää uuden postilistan helpottamaan yhteydenpitoa Kapkaupungin alueen suomalaisten välillä. Se käyttää GoogleGroupsia ja on avoin kaikille suomalaisille, jotka asuvat pysyvasti tai osa-aikaisesti alueella. Listan nimi on Kapin suomalaiset. Tulkaa mukaan, jos kiinnostaa.
Saturday, October 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment