Our roof renovations are under way. We've had the men on site for 4 days now, and they have accomplished quite a lot. They've left a big mess as proof.
All the insides of the roof area have gone, and 3/4 of the roof tiles are gone, too. However, they are in a big heap next to the house. The roof area is covered in large red-orange sheets.
The men will start building the walls and the gable higher next week, and they will also build the new gable. Then it's time for the new structure and thatching. One week down and 5 to go, although I think it'll be more like 7 to go. Let's see.
If it was down to our neighbor, we'd have no roof. Or no new roof at least.
Our neighbor came for a visit when we started the work. I was surprised to find him in our courtyard. He's white and was dressed well, so I didn't think he'd come to mugg us, but I would have thought he'd ring the bell.
He was quite polite, but straight forward. He told us we should stop the work immediately, as he didn't want us to put a thatch on. He said what we were doing was illegal, he'd inform the council and he'd get a surveyor around.
After a couple of rounds of phone calls I was calm, but not happy. I didn't get much sleep that night.
In the morning the neighbor came to ring the gate buzzer. He appologised to Heikki. He'd gone to the council first thing in the morning, where he'd been told we had the right to do what we were doing. The plans have been accepted, and we've done everything according to the rules.
Saturday, October 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There is always someone out there who wants to cause trouble. At least he admitted he was wrong. Good luck with the works!
Post a Comment