Friday, March 31, 2006

Tea with the ladies

Matias, Hille and I spent the morning at the World of Birds - Africa's largest bird zoo. Maybe not the best place to go when the bird flu gets closer, but everything seemed fine for now. Not many people there today, but I don't think many kids had their holidays this week, like Matias. Afterwads, we had a cup of tea and some date-cake Hille had just baked. Divine.

Our maid Joyce is off to a funeral 12 hours drive away, so I took her home earlier than usual today. Matias was invited to a friend's house for a film, pizzas and popcorn in the afternoon. I was just meant to drop him off, but we both emerged from the house six hours later. We watched the film and I then had an extensive chit chat and tea with a couple of the grade 5 mums. All in all it was a very nice day.

No comments: