Saturday, March 25, 2006

Arts and crafts

Hille has looked after Matias on numerous occasions when Matias has gone over to play with Joona. She's now alone for a couple of days. We thought we'd buy her something nice to work on now, that she has some spare time. She likes drawing and painting, so we went to get her some watercolour pencils and paper. There's a nice place for craft materials right here in Hout Bay.

My work permit is still under process, and I'm at home during the days. After two full days of studying for a social studies test with Matias (we learned all about the French and Indian war, and the revolutionary war) I wanted a break from the books.

Matias and I both like crafts. Over the years we've done all kinds of stuff - porcelaine dolls, beadwork, cards and things. We now got ourselves a basket full of different kinds of material: pencils, canvas, plain boxes, paper, stickers, decorations etc. Quite a good collection, really.

Decoupage is something I've so far never really done. I've thougth about giving it a go, so I enrolled myself on a workshop. I went back to the craft shop for a workshop on Thursday and Friday mornings, and worked on a couple of boxes. I think I've found myself a new hobby.

1 comment:

Milja said...

more photos please! :)