Wednesday, March 29, 2006

You'd think... (but noooh)

I thought getting the police search done in England was difficult. Or getting the chest x-ray done for the second time within 6 months. (For the latter I spent the best part of the morning at a hospital, only to be told that - against the receptionist's knowledge - I could not get it done there, but needed go queue at another hospital.) You'd think that was the most difficult part, but noooooh.

I also need to provide a certified copy of the University Certificate. In English, of course. No problem. The one I handed in was issued to me by the University itself. It stated what the degree was, what subjects I had studied, how many credits I'd studied of each subject, when I had graduated, and how many hours of work each credit stands for. You'd think that was enough. But nooooh. They also want a copy of the degree in Finnish. The University was kind enough to send a PDF version of it by e-mail, but that's not enough. They want a certified copy.

You'd think that was enough. But noooooh. They now want to see a list of what I've studied. "Biochemistry, Chemistry, Virology and Physics" is not enough. They want the full list of the courses I took! If you consider that I've done over 160 credits of work, and most of the courses were a couple of credits, that's not a short list. And I'm now thinking they'll want the list translated into English :S

No comments: