Saturday, April 01, 2006

India's progress

India's been in the crèche for some time now, and she's really enjoying it. She calls it Hemppu’s nice crèche (Hempun kiva tarha). She's started using English, and says things like "My shoes", "My juice" and "See you tomorrow". We'll go to a parents' evening on Monday, and will find out more then.

India has finally decided she's had enough of my milk. When I was 18 I lived in the USA for a year, in a wonderful family I loved very much. They had quite an influence on me. When I lived with them I decided my children would sleep next to me from the time they were born, and I would also breastfeed them for a long time. (Breastfeeding is also a good preventer of breast cancer). India got a lot of comfort from feeding, but in the last couple of days she has started cuddling me, instead.





India doesn't eat meat, but she eats fish. She likes to go to Hout Bay marina with Heikki. There's a little fish shop there, and the two of them like to go shopping together. India touches the fish with her fingers and strokes them (paijaa). Hemppu paijaa kalaa. She then carries the fish home in a plastic bag and feels very important. We went for a morning Braai (BBQ/grillijuhlat) up to one of the nature reserves this morning with families from India's crèche. The bigger boys, including Matias, caught little fish on little fishing nets. All the fish were let go back in the water after the small children had a proper look. India found it very exciting.

We went to see Ice Age 2 in the cinema this afternoon. The shows were sold out, but just as we were on the counter wondering what to do, someone canceled their booking and we got the tickets. India really enjoyed the film. She laughed out most of the time. She especially liked the little squirrel with his nut. India laughs out quite a lot now a days when watching films and DVDs. She's a happy child, but does have some tantrums.

No comments: