It's been hot: 27 or even 30 degrees Celsius. Most evenings have been really warm, too. Last night it started raining heavily. Matias' science subject was weather this last term. Matias and I smiled at each other knowingly, as we heard the first loud thunder. We've learned something: We're experiencing a cold front. We predict it will be cooler. After the front passes, the air will be less humid than what it was in the past week or so.
On another note, on January 2nd I wrote about a visit to a fortuneteller. One of the things she predicted was, that I would need to go to a dentist soon. As everyone goes to a dentist every six to twelve months, that sounded like a safe prediction. Still, I had this nagging doubt in my mind, and for some reason I kept thinking I would chip a tooth. After all, no one would predict a person going to a dentist to have a checkup.
I thought 3 months would be some kind of a deadline. I gave it until the end of March. If I had a broken tooth by the end of March, this lady might be on to something. If not, she didn't know what she was talking about.
What happened?
I went to Matias's friends house on the 31st. (I mentioned it in an earlier story - the one with tea with ladies). What I didn't mention in the story was, that I broke a tooth while eating popcorn. This was the last day before my 3 month deadline - what a coincidence.
I went to see a dentist yesterday. He fixed the problem for now, but said I need a crown. Bugger.
Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment