Wednesday, April 19, 2006

What a crappy day

The day isn't even finished yet, but I can already say: what a crappy day.

Our house selling business fell through once again. I didn't get much sleep because of that.

Matias has a cold. He joined me today to the removal company to see the unpacking of our stuff. We arrived there at 9:30. As the container's door was opened all I could see was about ten African men standing next to me, all whose mouth slowly opened in amazement as they looked in. Soon, there were more men and they started taking photos. I was told: "Don't worry, madam... but this is not the way to pack a container."

A lot of photos were taken of the contents before anything was touched. I was told it looked like the stuff was packed in a terrible hurry. Nothing we could see at first had been wrapped, the things had been just put in, ready to be scratched and dirtied. You should have seen the state of our beds and mattresses!

Matias and I stayed there for approximately three hours. I didn't cry, but was on the verge most of the time. The bubble wrap that was on some of the furniture has to be taken away or the things will go moldy in storage. Everything needs to be re-packed, but they told me they could use cloth instead of doing things one by one. Crap. This will cost hundreds of pounds or even much more (£15 per item). The local removal company will send a quote to the UK one.

Milja then sent me a text message letting me know Dan won't get an exchange place at a local University. I won't use any swear words, but I'd certainly like to!

What else? I don't know. It's not even four in the afternoon, so a lot can still happen.

There has been a bright light in the day, however: Milja got a perfect 10 in sociology :)

No comments: