Last weekend Matias and I did a quick walk together. Just the two of us!
Once India had fallen asleep, we drove to Constantia Nek and walked up the mountain to a rocky outcrop above the pass. The scenery from Eagle's Nest was wonderful: We could see both sides over False Bay east as well as west to Hout Bay Valley. We had a snack and hurried down through the forest to be at home before India woke up. Lately, she has been miserable if I have not been at home when she wakes up or when she comes home. We made it in time and went to the pool all together for a swim.
In otherwise quiet pine forest a small bird flew to a branch near us. It was a female Cape Batis (Batis capensis). This camera (Panasonic Lumix FZ5) is great. I had no idea what the bird was when I saw it, but the photograph allowed the identification without problems.
Sunday, April 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment