Heikki and I have been busy with little things after work today.
Heikki had a chat with our UK solicitor about the sale of our UK house. The latest selling process has taken almost 3 months now. It looks to take another month. And even then it might fall through.
We went to get new cards from the bank this afternoon. Our previous cards had a limit to how much we could use them per day. Whenever we've needed to pay for something a bit more expensive (like sunglasses) we've had to use our European cards.
Also, my previous card (the one I got last week as the magnetic strip of the previous one wore down) didn't even work.
We got Matias some paleontology books. We found two good ones, although the chance of finding anything was quite slim. The bookshop had 4 sections of a shelf for alternative healing. And just one for natural sciences.
Our house didn't pass the electrical safety test when it was inspected before the sale. Most of the things were fixed last week. One of the sockets that was fixed was fixed badly, and it tripped the system. The electricians came to fix that this afternoon. It seems to work now.
Heikki went to get some keys made for the front door and the garden gate on Monday. Surprise, surprise, the new keys didn't work. Heikki had to detach the lock from the door and take it whith him to the locksmith this afternoon.
While Heikki was away, Clifford dropped by. He's the guy who lived here before us. We hadn't been able to figure out how to use the irrigation system. The controls are in the kitchen but when we set the systm up no water comes out. Heikki had arranged for Clifford to come and show us how to work it.
We have a camera outside our gate. There's a buzzer by the gate, and so when anyone buzzes the buzzer we can see who it is. We also have an intercom system, so we can talk to the people outside. Unfortunately, the intercom system broke a couple of weeks ago.
Clifford buzzed and I let him in. We met half way down the garden.
"Your hubby's not in, then?"
"No. He's getting some keys made for the front door."
"When's he coming back. I've got a full schedule for the rest of the day."
"I don't know when he's coming. He just left. Did you need to see him?"
"Well, yes. I wanted to show him how to work the irrigation system, but he's not here."
I thought the comment was a bit weird. "Can't you show me," I asked.
Clifford had a pitying kind of smile on his face, as he said "Well, yes, but do you think you can remember? There's quite a lot to remember."
I did reply to this, but I'd rather not tell you what I said.
Clifford then took me to a green box outside, buried in the soil. He showed me a red tap and three buttons. Pay attention now:
1) you need to turn on the red tap
2) you should turn the three buttons on one after the other. (This determines which sprinklers the water comes out of).
What do you think, girls, do you think we can manage?
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
...a red tap? Are you sure it wasn't the blue one on the right? I used that the last time, just before I pressed the yellow button in the middle... Gosh! Maybe that's why there was no light in the toilet the next day?!... All these taps and buttons, where will it all end?!!
Cheers :-D
PS. I had a crazy day at work today and at lunch I heard similar stories of one boss...
Post a Comment