India speaks mostly English now.
She understood English, but spoke almost only Finnish at the creche until about a month ago. Now she's switched to speaking mostly English. Even at home.
India has come up with some nice words of her own, like 'muuminhainen' for ant. The word is a cross between a Moomin and an ant (muurahainen).
We got India a book: Room on a Broom, which is by the same author/illustrator team who created the Gruffalo. We looked at the book yesterday. I asked India to show me the cat, the dog, the frog, the cauldron, the wand and so on. She got everything correct, except for the witch. When I asked her to show me the witch she kept pointing out the broom.
Later in the evening we looked at the book again. I asked her to show me the witch and she showed me the broom. Once again I told her that it was the broom, and showed her where the witch was. She finally got it. She shrieked out in joy and pointed at the witch. "That's the Broom-Gran!" (suomeksi: Luuta-mummu!)
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment