Monday, September 04, 2006

A bit of this and that

We didn't do anything exciting at the weekend. A bit of work, a bit of shopping and a bit of gardening, and that's about it.

I bought an avocado tree yesterday. It's a tiny little thing, less than a half a metre tall, but I should get some avocados from it soon.

I also got a kumquat tree. It has these cute tiny fruit that look like oranges, but they are only the size of a mini tomato.

I'm planning to buy a mango tree next, but first I must find a place for it. Even the kumquat tree is still in the bag. I keep changing my mind about where to put it.

Heikki's been fixing the pool water. The previous owner kept chucking acid there, and now the water is too acidic. Heikki's been adding buffers.

Heikki was attacked by bees today. He was hacking an old, rotting tree trunk, when the bees attacked from behind. A couple of minutes later Megan, our border collie, went to see what the hassle was about. I suppose that by this time all the bees had been alerted, as she was attacked by more bees than Heikki. They were also more persistent on Megan than Heikki.

No comments: