Friday, September 01, 2006

New beginning

Today is the first day of spring here in South Africa.

It has been cold at night, a couple of degrees above the freezing point. The daytime temperatures vary, but it has been warm in the past couple of days. Today's high should be 24. I'm looking forward to more of spring.

A couple of minutes ago, we talked to our friends, Astrid and Wolfgang, on the phone. Just as I am writing this entry, they are closing the door of their Thaxted home, and moving from England back to Germany.

I wish I could have been there, to share these final UK days with Astrid, Wolfgang and Sarah. You know, I don't think I'd completely moved out from England until just now.

Up to this moment our UK life was still there, friends, house and all.

Now I don't have that any more. Astrid, Wolfgang, Sarah and Mary are not there to share their life with us. Even our house might not be ours soon.

It's finally time for me to mentally move from England. It's time for a new beginning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By all means move on from England Minna, but do try not to leave the people behind! I wish I could be more available to all my friends, but things are difficult right now, and our life here is unpredictable at best. I do still regularly check on what you guys are up to on here, I hope you read up on my blog too. Anyway, I've missed you right from when I moved from Cambridge. I wish we could have met again before you left for South Africa, but it wasn't to be. Good luck with moving on, just look back occasionally, it can make you smile. :)