Friday, June 27, 2008

Wednesday - New York

We got up early and had breakfast at the diner recommended by the hotel: Front Row. The bill had a big tip included and when I paid it rounding downwards the waiter had the nerve to ask for the missing bit. We are not going there again!

Our hotel is in Midtown, Manhattan, and a convenient walk away from Broadway shows & the Empire State Building. That's where we found our way; pushing India in the new stroller. She was really enjoying it.

I was in New York and in the Empire State Building 30 years ago. I could remember the fast lifts and the amazing views from the 86th floor, but not the queues.

We went to Macy's (the World's biggest department store) and spent considerable time in another book shop, Border's.

We got tickets to see the 8 PM show of Mary Poppins on Broadway, just down the street from our hotel. The actors were good, singing with clear voices, and the stage was magnificent. The seats were at the very top. It felt like sitting on the edge of a cliff.

No comments: