Saturday, June 28, 2008

Thursday - New York

Minna was not feeling too well in the morning and stayed in bed most of the day. We had slept late, had some breakfast and I took off to buy some electronic essentials: a GPS with a US map to navigate and a portable DVD player to occupy kids while driving. Scouting the previous dais helped and I got shopping done in an hour.

Matias, India and I took a taxi from 9th Avenue and spent the afternoon in the American Museum of Natural History: dinosaur skeletons and dioramas of African and North American animals were the best. India fell asleep just before closing time and since we had the stroller, Matias and I walked back to the hotel (2.6 mi).

Minna was feeling better when we got back and was willing to walk to the Mexican restaurant we had walked past earlier. The trouble was we could not quite remember where it was. We scanned every street between 8th and 9th Avenues from 53th Street down until we found it from the 49th. It is called The Sombrero. Not bad at all. Food and the Margaritas were excellent.

No comments: