Monday, December 26, 2005

Boxing-day fun

Hanna and Kristian flew over from Finland this morning. Their visit was uncertain until the end, so Matias and I were doubly delighted when they walked through the gates of Cape Town International Airport at 5:40 this morning. We took a scenic route home by driving through Cape Town's centre and the Atlantic Seaboard.

We met Seija and Joona at the local sports shop at midday. Seija and I geared ourselves with bodyboarding equipment: boards, wetsuits, boots and all. Kristian got a wetsuit, too. We had another wonderful day in the waves at the Llandudno beach. The current was strong but/and the waves were excellent. The wetsuit was an excellent buy - the warmest one I have ever worn. I still need some gloves, though. I'm such a chicken when it comes to cold water.

We had all sorts of walks and card games planned for the night. Hanna and the kids went to the pool, but the only thing I managed was preparing a half a dinner. After that we were all ready for some sleep.

No comments: