I wanted to show India and Heikki a wonderful shop of Indian furniture and artifacts in the city today. I happened to find the shop earlier in the week. I must have spent over an hour walking in the vast rooms full of old furniture, statures, pillars and temple doors, breathing in the smells, listening to soft sitar music, and wondering what it was that made a smallish cupboard cost as much as five local detached houses.
I circled in the vicinity of the posh shopping centre, not being able to find a spot to park in the rain. The last time I'd visited the shop, I'd parked the car in the centre's car park, underneath the Indian shop.
The sign above the car park was glowing red and said "FULL". A car pulled out but the sign stayed red. I approached the attendant's booth, noticing there were hardly any cars in the car park. I asked if I could get in, and he said yes. I mentioned the sign said they were full, thinking he would go ahead and change it. Instead, he got out of the booth and walked out to look at the sign. The whole car park was in full view from the booth and he could clearly see the place was half empty. Yet, he asked me to wait while he phoned and asked someone if the car park was full.
We were let in eventually, and the sign was changed to green.
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment