Thursday, July 27, 2006

A day off

I worked for the whole time we were in Finland, and my workpile didn't get any smaller after we came back to Cape Town. Finally, when the pile of work became a bit lighter (enough for me to breathe properly underneath) I went and kind of organised a talk for myself.

I gave the talk yesterday. And today, I finally took a day off.

Matias is still on his winter holidays. He goes to an American school, and so they follow the yearly pattern of the Northern hemisphere. The African schools only have a 3 week break at this time of the year, and they're all back to school.

Matias, India and I went to the bank before heading off to the centre of Cape Town. Matias is very easy going, but today he questioned our plan. "Mum. You said you wanted to spend the day with me and India. If I'd known you were planning to spend it at the bank, I would have gone to work with dad, instead."

Luckily, there wasn't a bad queue at the bank, and so we were soon off to the Waterfront.

We had some pizza and Thai food at the place where I used to go with my parents. We then went to the Aquarium. We spotted a Cave Minigolf place on the way there. I'm sure it's a place Milja and Dan will enjoy.

India started running around as soon as she saw the first tank of fish. She did stop to look at the marine life, but didn't walk during the whole hour we were there; She ran from one tank to the next - often in a zigzag pattern.

Matias met up with a friend afterwards, Harrison, and the two of them went to see a film called Over The Hedge. Matias then went to Harrison's for the night.

India and I came home and had a looong nap.

No comments: