Having been used to sun setting at 6:15 in Cape Town, and it also getting dark then, I’ve had some problems with the light nights of Finland.
I haven’t had such problems before. Your body’s clock adjusts by where the sun is when you should feel tired (or how light it is). For some reason my body hasn’t adjusted, and I can’t sleep.
The sun sets at around 11:15. As it doesn’t set far, it’s still perfectly light at about 1-2 at night – enough for me to read a book without extra light. The sun rises again at around 3 in the morning.
I’m not tired before 1-2, and then I sleep badly because my body tells me I should be up as it’s so light.
Maybe I should just take naps during the day. My body accepts the fact that naps can be taken in daylight.
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment