Monday, June 12, 2006

Freezing, freezing, frozen

Heikki and I went to the bank today to do a few things, such as open a bank account, give them details of our current address and to organise the money transfer for the purchase of the Hout Bay house.

This was now the third time we've tried to do these things.

And again we failed.

They want to see my work contract, which I brought them. Then they said they need to see my work permit, which I now showed them. Now they say the work contract they accepted before isn't fine after all, as it's a copy. I need the original one, but the original one went on a journey with the work permit application.

I still can't open an account for my salary, and on top of that they said the accounts we have might me frozen.

The reason?

We can't prove them we live here.

We got some papers from the landlord, but they weren't enough. We took them a letter from the removal company who is storing our furniture, and a bank statement from the Finnish bank. They didn't accept these either, even though the attorneys had accepted these documents as proof of address.

Our landlords are the only ones who can get us the papers we need to prove we live here, but they are away for a month.

1 comment:

Milja said...

off to finland! see you tomorrow!!