Friday, May 04, 2007

Face painting

I went to Milja and Matias's school yesterday to theach the upper school drama class face painting.

I prepared a PowerPoint presentation so I could show the kids a set of different painted faces and to show them the different stages of painting.

I then gave a demonstration by painting one of the girls some black curvy lines on her face. With glitter added, it looked quite nice. The girl then went to show it to the head teacher, and asked if she could keep it for the school photo that was to be taken in a half an hour. She was told she could keep the painting.

... what she didn't tell the head teacher was, that the other children were busy painting eachother. The results were wonderful, but not very subtle. There was a pirate, an indian with a red&black war painting, black & white jing and jang, and a red faced devil. Lets see what the school wide photo will look like :D

No comments: