With a day off on Friday to celebrate freedom, and two days off in the beginning of the week off to celebrate workers, we have just had a 5 day weekend.
I spent most of the time at home with the pups. The younger litter is feeling much better now so they don't need hourly attention. This means more sleep for Dan and me. The little litter has been at their end of the house and the bigger litter at my end, so we've taken care of one litter each. Now we've moved the bigger litter into Milja and Dan's bathroom. This works great. They are much calmer than they were in the kitchen. I think they like being in a smaller area.
Heikki, Seija, Matias and India went to the cheese festival on Sunday. We all went last year, but I had to skip this one. I needed to be with the pups. They are quite a huge commitment. This means I will probably not be able to look after pups once Milja and Dan return to Finland. I would not have managed with these ones by myself.
Matias stayed behind today (to finish up his homework) while the rest of us went for a traditional Mayday picnic. Finns start celebrating Mayday on the 30th, at 6 o'clock in the evening when a statue in the centre of Helsinki is washed and gets a high school graduation hat on her head. Then all Finnish graduates put their own hat on their heads. The parties continue until the evening of the following day. Thousands of people go for picnicks in one of the bigger parks in Helsinki hoping it's even a little bit warm and it's not raining or sleeting.
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment