It’s wonderful how people take care of each other in this country. People die of AIDS all around us, and the extended family takes care of those left behind. The salary people pay to their domestic workers stretches, and is sent all around the country to support those, who are worse off.
After having a chat with Joyce this morning, I decided to ask her if she could work an extra day per week for us. She now comes 3 times a week and does some amazing work. I so wish I could send her over to England, to take care of my friend Lisa’s laundry pile.
I went shopping this morning and bought food for our friends, who live in the squatter camp. Good idea, I thought, but after walking back and forth in the shop, I started feeling stupid. I didn't know what to buy. I got rice, as I think most people eat rice. And bread. But what about butter? Why not, but do they have a fridge? Probably not, so let's put the butter back. In the end, I got a couple of carrier bags filled with food, but I don't know what they thought about it.
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I, too, wish you could send Joyce here. I have a massive amount I could keep her busy with!
Post a Comment