Friday, February 29, 2008

Life without glasses

Yesterday, when India came home from school, she wanted to go for swim in the pool as usual. Dan joined us. It was his last chance before going back to cold Finland. When I was done swimming, I went back to the chair I had left my towel, watch and glasses. The glasses were not there!

Had I brought them out after all? In that case where did I put them? I could not remember. I walked in and out several times trying to find them before calling for help. Milja, Dan nor Minna could not find them, either. Spotting glasses made out of thin brown wire without glasses is not easy. I felt quite helpless and just sat down to think. If I can not find my glasses, I can not drive and have to be taken to town to order a new pair. How long is that going to take?

India said that she thought I had the glasses when we came out to the pool side. Is she a reliable witness? She did not remember the watch that definitely was on the towel. Had to puppies taken them? Five of them were running around while we were swimming. At some point India went to that chair and took a doll from it. Did she drop the glasses?

After half an hour Minna found them at back of the house. The puppies had taken them under the closed gate to the back of the house. They fit under that gate. We strongly suspect Serafina, the very active Jack Russel puppy.

It was relief to get the glasses back and see properly. Even greater relief was that I had not simply misplaced the glasses myself. I am not (yet) that senile afer all!

No comments: