Friday, February 22, 2008

Long time no posting

Life in Cape Town was quite hecktic over the holidays. For the first time we realized that the old time customs from Finland and England do not really fit in with Southern Hemisphere and heat of the summer. Long days spent inside berause it is cold and dark outside do not happen. Instead, we were out and about all the time: swimming, picking cherries, socializing, climbing the Table Mountain. With an effort Matias and I finished the jigsaw puzzle we got for the previous Christmas.

I've been in Europe in January: Rotterdam for a meeting and Finland to for a few days to see relatives. This month I was in Tokyo for a WebHackathon. Thanks ot cold and clear weather, I was able to see Mount Fuji for the first time; like picture above proves. I was really strange to experience the same places I've seen many times in the warmth of the early autumn now in winter time. When I arrived, it even snowed.

My sister finally paid us a visit at the end of January. She had a very active programme and she left fitter tha before. She even started waking up early in the morning; a habit she is trying to keep up in Finland, too. Good luck with that. It is hard with darkness and while catching the inevitable cold.

Milja and Dan are here now on Spring holiday. Minna is busy crafting and drawing and looking after five puppies. We had a puppy break over the holidays. The workmen renovating the house have not come back yet, either.

No comments: