Matias and I got up early on Saturday and walked up to Chapman's Peak. I've wanted to do that walk for a long time. It was quite an easy one: 70 minutes up and 45 minutes down. The path is clearly marked all the way from Chapman's Peak Road. You can drive to the parking area for free as it is before the control point. You just ask for a day ticket at the Hout Bay toll booth.
Back home I called the tool hire place that was servicing the lawn mover and found out that they had done the job first thing in the morning. There is some benefit having the owner as a neighbour. :) The grass had grown quite a bit with these weekly rain showers, so I cut it all before getting in the pool. After that I did not feel like doing anything much for the rest of the day.
India was happy have her school mate Natasha over.
Sunday morning we did an other walk before it got too hot. Liv-Marie had expressed interest as she had not done a single walk during her stay in Hout Bay. On this easy one we managed to get together quite a crowd: Liv-Marie, Jesse, Shey, Sati, India, Matias and me. The small kids were excited and actually walked most of the way from Sandy Bay Nek to the Rocket House and back.
Everyone else had other things to do but the whole family, Milja including, went for a pick nick to Oude Kraal.
A swim in the pool, second of the day, and a short rest was needed before we headed to Artscape for Swan Lake on Ice: a spectacular ice skating version of Tchaikovsky's ballet.
India got one more reason to insist that she wants go to Finland with Milja: She wants to go skating.
Monday, March 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment