We're loving the puppies. They are a lot of work, though.
They were covered with fleas when we first got them. (And full of worms like pups tend to be).
Seija and Joona came to have a look at the puppies on Saturday. We then went for a picnic down to Llandudno beach. Milja and Dan, Charlotte and Hattie looked after the babies while we were gone.
Joona spent the night at our house.
The pups ate frequently the first night and kept me awake. Feeding them and seeing to their toilet business took me about an hour. Then I dozed off and the whole circus started again almost as soon as I fell asleep. India had a restless night, too, as she was so excited. I felt like a zombie in the morning.
Ilkka, Minttu and the children came for a visit in the afternoon. Their 2.5 months here are over and they'll travel back to Finland on Tuesday. We're hoping to see them again in the summer.
Dan and I have taken care of the pups during the subsequent nights. Dan has slept on the floor next to them and I've been close by, sleeping in my comfy bed. I now have a tummy bug so am really sleep deprived.
Heikki has not been taking part in the puppy business, except that he went to get some puppy milk and dog food for us yesterday, as I was too ill to go. He does like them, though.
We've now named the pups:
- There's a blonde one, who looks like a labrador. Her name is Princess Belle (named by India).
- Then there's a brown/black one with stripes. Her name is Tiger (named by Heikki).
- The larger male, who is black and brown, is called Rover (named by Dan)
- And then we have 'twins', a boy and a girl. They are the littlest ones. They are mainly black but have some brown in them and some grey/white specks. The boy's toes are white. Their names are Mozie (named by Matias) and Little Timmy (named by Milja). Timmy's second name is Clive :)
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment