I bought a safe two years ago. Before I could start using it, India locked it. The safe's emergency keys and the door's pin-code were locked in.
I wasn't really in any hurry with getting the safe opened. It was on my long to-do-list. Yet, it still nagged me that I hadn't done anything about it. What bothered me the most was the fact that Heikki had been against me buying the safe from the beginning.
Matias decided to have a look at the safe today. He likes fixing things, and figuring out how things work, so he gave himself a task of opening the safe. Heikki said he wouldn't be able to do it, as it's a proper safe. I thought that if anyone could do it, Matias could. Liv Marie (who was visiting tonight) agreed with me.
There were three tiny holes at the back of the safe. Matias stuck a thin (about 0,5 cm diameter) lamp through one of the holes. Peering through another hole, he found the safe's manual inside.
Matias used the lamp to open the folded manual. He found where they instructed how to re-set the safe's code. He then found a long, thin stick and stuck it through the third hole. Using the lamp and the stick, he managed to press the re-set button on the inside of the safe. It was then up to him to pin in a new code on the outside of the safe, which then opened the door.
Alongside the emergency-keys, the old factory-code and the manual were some pounds and some dollars. Liv Marie suggested Matias should get his fair share of the loot. I agree.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment