Sunday, November 02, 2008

Brothers and husbands

India has a boyfriend at school. Aaron, 5 years old. He's in the same class with India.

When India told us about Aaron for the first time, she wanted to whisper a secret. "I'm in love with Aaron." She whispered the secret to us one at a time, to all of us.

She thinks Aaron is her prince, and she's his princess. She wants to have a house with him, a house where they can go on play-dates.

Today, India told me why she wants to get married. "So Aaron could be my brother, just like Matias." I told her that when you marry, you get a husband, not a brother. She paused for a moment. She knew I was married to daddy so daddy is my husband, and Milja was married to Dan, so Dan is Milja's husband. "But Mum, how do you get brothers, then???"

1 comment:

Tamara Kulikova said...

profound thinking, that girl