"The summary that i sent to you was for all the work done so far as you have ask for an summary of the whole job so far."
This above sentence was the cause for a 3 week delay with the electrical work at our house.
To me, it sounded like this huge bill was for the work that had been done so far. The head of the electricians meant that the bill (which we didn't need to pay yet) also included all the work we had planned for the house, but had not been done yet.
We were finally sent a list of the work planned. They electricians came back on site today. I would have liked to postpone until Monday, which is when the last visitors will leave. I had to let them come today, or risk not having anything done until the last part of January (which is when they would have returned from their 6-8 week summer holidays).
Heikki went to the office this morning, and I took the visitors to buy ceramics. Meanwhile, the men came on site.
I had a meeting with the head of the group, and wrote a shopping list. I drove off to buy the light fittings with Maarit. I returned a hour later to find the men had been busy drilling holes for six downlighters and one chandelier. Out of the seven holes they drilled, 100% were in the wrong position. We now have 11 holes in the ceiling for the 7 lights, and counting.
I have long been in a stage, where I accept things on the basis that they're at least somewhat correct. If they break the wall for a doorway, it's OK if it's not in the spot where it was supposed to be as long as it's at least in the correct wall.
I'm going to let some of the lights be in the wrong place, but they will have to move some of them. They will also need to move the switch for the oven, which is illegally on top of our gas bob, two inches from naked flame.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
geez Minna, what a palaver
Post a Comment