Sunday, November 04, 2007

Getting used to things

When Milja and Dan left for Finland in June, I thought Matias and I wouldn't manage with puppies without their help. As the pups don't have a mum to look after them, it's constant feeding, cleaning and disturbed sleep. I thought we could handle three at a time, four max. But you get used to things. Recently we've had around ten pups a time. For a couple of hours today, we had only three puppies at home. It was easy to walk with only three pups running around your legs.

A friend works with an animal charity in the harbor. She phoned me and said she was looking to get 12 young ones needing the bottle. Matias and I were ready to take all of them, but in the end eight of them stayed with the mum and we got four to look after. They've been here for several hours now, but been asleep most of the time. I have warm puppy-milk in a bottle next to me, waiting for them to wake up any minute now.

Later on in the evening we got three more puppies, so we're back to ten. I'm looking forward to having Milja and Dan - who are coming here on Saturday - help me bottle feed the little ones :)

No comments: