In the middle of her exam week at the high school, Milja flew off to Finland to do her University entrance exam. The invitation to the exam was sent to a coupld of hundred applicants, but they will only take 2 students to study for the major she applied for. They will take a maximum of 22 students this year to study a set of closely related subjects, but at least in the past years the exams have been so difficult that they haven't been able to fill all the places. Milja had to study for her high school final exams at the same time as studying for the entrance exam, which was far from the ideal situation. Yet, I think she has a good chance of getting in. Even if she doesn't, I think she did a brilliant job fitting all the studying in and I'm extremely proud of her.
In Finland, Milja was looked after by my parents (whom I can't thank enough for doing so much for us). She revised, met her new cousin Amanda, did some shopping, did the exam, and bought a car. She's now at Heathrow, waiting for her connecting flight. We'll have her back here with us tomorrow, but she will return back to Finland with Dan in a weeks time. Oh, how sad for us.
Friday, June 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment