Saturday, June 30, 2007

At the car wash

I've been thinking of buying a new car, so I went to have my car washed this morning, while Heikki and the kids took our Finnish friends Seija, Joona and their dog to the airport.

I went for the Jumbo-option, which includes handwash inside and out, and even polishing the tires. All this for about 7 pounds, 10 euros, which is much more expensive than what I'm used to, but quite cheap compared to the European standards.

It all seemes very efficient. Each outside-washer has their own job as they wash up to 3 cars at a time. They then clean the insides of perhaps 7 cars at a time, with just one guy working on each car. The morning was sunny and the carwash was busy. For some odd reason there were not enough cloths to polish the cars with. My washer disappeared behind a parked car a bit further away, where he lost a fight for his cloth and had to return empty handed. Later on he lost his hoover, too.

All of a sudden it started raining, and I went to sit behind the wheel to get cover. I helped the washer polish the car from the inside while listening to Toto's Africa on Milja and Dan's DVD. I must say that he did a better job on his side, but he has done it a couple of more times than I have.

Later on Heikki and I met up at a Toyota dealer across the road, where we looked at a couple of the cars. However, I quite like mine now that it's all shiny and clean, and empty of all the rubbish accumulated since it was last serviced.

No comments: