Friday, May 29, 2009

Day of sorrow


Today I first took Megan the Border Collie to a vet and had her put down. We are going away and she is horribly allergic to everything and especially to fleas. Her skin is inflamed all the time. Within days after washing, she is coved in fleas again. She scratches herself all the time until she is bleeding.It is driving her crazy. Well, no more.

An hour later, I took Siru the Sheltie to a vet. A different one. I could not bear the though of explaining myself to the first one. Siru's heart had been working decreasingly well for some time. The valves were leaking and the heart could not pump the blood properly. Past weeks she has been finding it difficult to walk the stairs. She has been eating less and less. For the past two days she had not been walking practically at all, today not at all.

I do not feel bad about putting Siru down. She needed it. It is Megan who I feel guilty about. It would still have been possible to do something but we had ran out of means and time.

There has been a lot of crying today. India has been least affected, it seems. She cried several times, expressed herself in this drawing - her broken heart and all, and is now able to laugh at funny things in TV.

1 comment:

Tamara Kulikova said...

it's very sad but sometimes there is simply no choice :(