



We're right in the centre of London, across the park from Buckingham Palace. It means we're a couple of tube stops away from several amazing museums.
One of the reasons I wanted to come to London for a week was to let India fall in love with museums, and to give Matias an access to these great places he's missed while we've lived in South Africa.
I suppose I'm biased, but I think art is the best way to captivate children by the things they see in museums, and to get them to learn.
In a search of what to draw, children actively look for interesting objects. They pay attention to details when they draw these objects, and they remember them much better than by just looking at them. While drawing, they have time to come up with questions, and we have time to search for answers.
We visited the Natural History museum yesterday. India was thrilled to get back there today.
No comments:
Post a Comment